Yes, you can. In the Planet QGIS Plugin v2.0 users get a Planet Inspector panel tool. The Planet Inspector panel allows you to:
- Select a location on a Planet Basemap
- Identify the source scene for that location
- Select option to "Open in Explorer" iinn which you can order the scene
Instructions for Finding/Ordering
- Open QGIS and login to Planet Explorer plug-in
- Select the Basemaps tab
- Load the desired basemap by checking the basemap & clicking "Explore Selected"
- Once the Basemap is loaded & you have navigated to your desired area click on the Planet Inspector panel
- In Planet Inspector Panel click on the wand-like tool
- Click anywhere on the map you will get the corresponding scene
- Click on the gear icon to order the scene.