Dear Planet team,
I wanted to make you some (basic?) questions regarding the shutter that Planet use in their satellites, I'm currently working on a semester report about it, and I would really appreciate your inputs on this matter:
- What is the main reason for the shutter?
- Is it to protect the optics from scratches during launching?
- Is it just to keep the S-band antenna and the optics pointing in the same direction?
- Do you guys close the shutter at some point during operations?
- Is this an original setup from Planet or was it already implement in other/similar missions?
- Where can I find more information (literature) regarding the shutter configurations?
Thank you so much in advance for your assistance.