Planet’s Building Detection leverages our monthly Basemap product to segment buildings. Due to image variability – sun angle, registration issues, etc – the registration position of our basemaps may shift slightly month over month. As a result, our building detections also may slightly shift to match the underlying imagery.
Articles in this section
- Why are certain buildings missed?
- Why do the position of the buildings shift month-to-month?
- Why does the same building look different sizes month-to-month?
- Does Planet classify building type?
- What is the smallest size building that can be detected?
- Why are certain roads missed?
- Why do the position of the roads occasionally shift month-to-month?
- Why does the same road look different sizes month-to-month?
- What is the smallest size road that can be detected?