Our current capability is optimized for ports and shorelines only. Ports generally have stationary vessels, calmer sea states, and docked vessels. To run analytics over open water, the Analytic Feed will need to be trained with a different dataset (eg, varying wake sizes, wave types, sea states, and other maritime objects.) Planet is exploring this opportunity further.
Articles in this section
- Why does the bounding box not exactly match the vessel (partial fit or over fit)?
- Can Planet run the analytic over open water (i.e. not a port)?
- Does Planet classify vessel type, color, other features?
- Why are certain vessels missed, even though they look identical to others detected?
- What is the smallest size vessel that can be detected?
Article is closed for comments.