The Analytic Feeds have a number of layers that ultimately result in a bounding box output. Perhaps the vessel is a slightly different color, there is a haze and cloud over the vessel, and the sea state is slightly different. All these factors contribute to the output.
Articles in this section
- Why does the bounding box not exactly match the vessel (partial fit or over fit)?
- Can Planet run the analytic over open water (i.e. not a port)?
- Does Planet classify vessel type, color, other features?
- Why are certain vessels missed, even though they look identical to others detected?
- What is the smallest size vessel that can be detected?
Article is closed for comments.