Planet’s Road Detection leverages our monthly Basemap product to extract roads. Due to variations or gaps in the mosaic, we may not be able to detect portions of a road. In addition, roads smaller than 10 m, unpaved roads, tracks, and some snowy conditions will not always be captured.
Articles in this section
- Why are certain buildings missed?
- Why do the position of the buildings shift month-to-month?
- Why does the same building look different sizes month-to-month?
- Does Planet classify building type?
- What is the smallest size building that can be detected?
- Why are certain roads missed?
- Why do the position of the roads occasionally shift month-to-month?
- Why does the same road look different sizes month-to-month?
- What is the smallest size road that can be detected?