Planet can detect roads greater than 10 m (~3 pixels). We define a road as anything that a vehicle would be able to drive on. Road Detection performs best in fully developed or undeveloped urban areas, but also performs very well in rural locations as well. Dry riverbeds, mountainous regions, and forests can cause some false positives, but overall the Analytic Feed has been generalized to work at planetary scale.
Articles in this section
- Why are certain buildings missed?
- Why do the position of the buildings shift month-to-month?
- Why does the same building look different sizes month-to-month?
- Does Planet classify building type?
- What is the smallest size building that can be detected?
- Why are certain roads missed?
- Why do the position of the roads occasionally shift month-to-month?
- Why does the same road look different sizes month-to-month?
- What is the smallest size road that can be detected?