Planet quota policy works on the following rule: “ Every Pixel is Charged Once”. Under this, we have come up with some thumb rules that will help you understand it better:
- Metadata assets (_xml, _udm) do NOT count against your quota, in other words, only raster files count against your quota
- Landsat and Sentinel datasets do not count against your quota
- Activating an asset does not charge quota, only downloading does
- Every item will count once regardless of how many times it is downloaded or how many assets are downloaded.
- Multiple people can download a scene, the quota will only counted once.
- It is also possible to download the visual, analytic etc asset of one scene, the quota will still only be counted once.
- You can also download a particular asset multiple times, the quota is still only deducted once
If you still have any doubts about this, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to clarify them!