Our entire operational constellation (PlanetScope, RapidEye and SkySat) are in polar or sun-synchronous orbits. There are, however, a few experimental satellites that we launch to not SSO or very-inclined orbits, that allow us to test out new payload.
Articles in this section
- What are the product bundles available with Planet?
- How to exclude images taken early in the morning via API and Planet Explorer?
- Understand different Parameters in metadata file
- What is the positional accuracy of Basemaps?
- Where Can I Find information on TOAR (Top of Atmosphere Reflectance)
- What changes will be made to the imagery products (as described in Product Specification)?
- What can I do with surface reflectance product?
- Why Planet surface reflectance product uses 6S atmospheric radiative transfer model?
- What does the “ground_control” field in the metadata signify?
- Do you provide Relative Spectral Response Curves (RSRs) for your satellites?