Yes, you can. In the Planet QGIS Plugin v2.0 users get a tool Planet Inspector panel. The Planet Inspector panel allows you to: select a location on a Planet Basemap and identify the source scene for that location. It gives you the option "Open in Explorer" using which you can order the scene.
- Open QGIS & log in to Planet Explorer plug-in
- Select the Basemaps tab
- Load the desired basemap by checking the basemap & clicking "Explore Selected"
- Once the Basemap is loaded & you have navigated to your desired area click on the Planet Inspector panel
- In Planet Inspector Panel click on the wand-like tool
- Click anywhere on the map you will get the corresponding scene
- Click on the gear icon to order the scene.